Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center
The VA Chaplain Service's primary mission is to provide for the religious and spiritual care of patients and their family members. Chaplains provide spiritual and religious care to individual patients, group/unit leadership in a variety of settings within the medical center.
Protestant Worship Service
Every Sunday, 9:00 a.m., Uptown Division Chapel
Unit worship services are provided to the Mental Health, Community Living Centers and Spinal Cord Injury units.
Roman Catholic Worship Service
Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri at 12 p.m. Downtown Division Chapel
Wed. at 12 p.m. Uptown Division Chapel
Chaplain Service Awards
- May 2011 Awarded the National Military Chaplains Association “Distinguished Service Award” for all of VHA. This award was given for the work done with Veterans and spouses on Marriage Retreats as well as our work through the Medical Center especially in Active Duty Rehab Unit.
- 2009 Best Practice in VA Chaplaincy, "OEF/OIF Combat Veteran and Spouse Marriage Enrichment Retreats"
- 2007 Best Practice in VA Chaplaincy, "Chaplain Support of OEF/OIF Seamless Transition"
- VA National Chaplain Center
- Association of Professional Chaplains*
- Association of Clinical Pastoral Education*
* By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites.
- Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center
- 706-733-0188 Ext. 6118/6172/6114
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm