Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center
If you qualify for VA health care, you can get high-quality mental health services as part of your benefits. You may also be able to get care for certain mental health problems even if you don't have VA health care.
About the Program
The mental health service at Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center provides consultation, evaluation, and treatment for a variety of issues that can impact emotional well-being.
We conduct research and training to ensure state-of-the-art treatment.
Mental health services provided at Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center include treatments for:
- Depression, sadness, grief
- Anxiety, worry, nervousness
- Addictive behaviors
- Relationship problems
- Stress from medical problems and/or pain
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Emotional problems, such as managing anger
- Vocational issues
- Troublesome thoughts or ideas
- Confused thinking
- Aggressive or self-harming behaviors
- Memory problems
We also provide outreach to homeless veterans.
Mental health services are confidential. We will not talk to anyone about information you share unless you give written consent. Under federal law, a few exceptions to this rule exist. If you have questions, please ask your mental health consultant.
- Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center
- 706-733-0188 Ext. 6808
- 706-733-0188 Ext. 6589
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.